LiveSmart Video Chat is a standalone web application with video, audio, recording, screen sharing and file transfer face-to-face communication channels and integrated chat. The product does not require any additional installations or third party logins and accounts. You can set a highly customizable video conferencing tool with tons of features.
– New product released – the long waited server side version of LiveSmart Video Chat. You can check the new product here.
– Virtual background, where you can blur your background or add your own. Virtual background demo demonstrates how to blur the background or choose a fancy wallpaper.
– Active meetings. The admin organizers can track if there are any active meetings running and they also can join them.
– Secuing API. Added advanced API methods for securing it. For more information read here.
– Text to speech module. While typing a chat message your attendee will receive voice. This functionality can be combined with the translation module. For example, you speak in Spanish, your attendee will receive subtitled message and voice in English. Text to speech, together with the speech to text and the translation modules provide the ultimate facility for multilanguage video session tool.
– New Chrome extension to assist organizers of the meetings. More information about this feature can be found here.
– Integration with DocTreat theme.
– Video Session logs – gathering all video related events: start video, end video, attendee joining and leaving, start and stop screenshare, start and stop recording.
– Added Terms & Conditions options in the Entry form.
– Integration with latest WoWonder Social Network Platform, WonderTag theme, PlayTube Platform and LatePoint Plugin. You can read more about LiveSmart integrations here.
– Picture in picture functionality. Picture-in-Picture (PiP) allows your attendee video to be in a floating window while you are on another tab or application.
– Social media login with Facebook and Google accounts.
– Added script and page to guide the customer through the installation and setup process.
– Admission facility added. Host can approve or reject an attendee in a meeting.
If you need more information about the features, have additional questions or difficulties with the demos or installation, you can visit our support forum.
LiveSmart is perfect for:
Feature Demo and usage Live video Basic demo with screen sharing, snapshot, picture-in-picture and file transfer Whiteboard and recording Demo with included recording option and whiteboard Online scheduling Health-care solution. Schedule meetings on definite timeframe. Meeting is automatically stopped at the end and there is a timer showing the remaining time. Admission room Admission demo. In order attendee to enter the meeting, the organizer should admit him in. Online lessons Broadcasting demo. Ideal for online classes. There can be one presenter and up to 30-40 attendees. Private rooms Demo with private access. If you want to protect your room. Here is described how to do this. Social login Attendee login with Facebook or Google Speech recognition Speech recognition demo. Speak and the other party will receive text. Text to speech Text to speech demo. Type in your chat and your attendee will receive voice messages. This functionality can be combined with translation module. Speech to text & translation Translation demo. Speech to text and translation. It requires Google API key and is available for Chrome. Virtual background Virtual background demo demonstrates you haw you can blur your background or choose a fancy wallpaper. Stream a video Demo. Make a video file and broadcast it. Chat engagement Chat engagement. Organizers from the Dashboard can engage visitors of the site by starting a chat session with them. Demo with presence button Dashboard login with demo/demo and open in a new device or incognito tab the visitor button Integrations Integration with WoWonder, WonderTag theme, PlayTube Platform, DocTreat theme and LatePoint. For more info, visit this Integration guide. Video logs Gather all video related events – start/stop video, attendee join/leave, start/stop screenshare, start/stop recording. Available in the Dashboard Offline form If your organizer is not available, the visitor can anyway send an email. For demo visit Contact options and if the Start Video Chat button is red, click on it. URL shortener Make user friendly URLs for your organizers and visitors. Login to Dashboard with demo/demo, go to Room management and create a room with predefined short URLs Switch camera Switch between front and back camera of your mobile. Localization For more information about how to do the localization of LiveSmart, visit this guide. Chrome Assistant Chrome extension that is helping organizers to contact their visitors and is removing the necessity of being logged in the Dashboard panel WordPress Plugin Install this plugin to add easily the presence button to your WP pages and posts;
Check the User Guide section for a detailed description of all the features.
Make sure you read the FAQ Section for server requirements, how much attendees LiveSmart can handle and other useful topics.
Our Five Star Overall Rating
Supported browsers and OS
LiveSmart Video Chat is supported on all major browsers:
– Desktop PC. Microsoft Edge 12+, Google Chrome 28+, Mozilla Firefox 22+, Safari 11+, Opera 18+, Vivaldi 1.9+, IE 11 (Needs installation of Temasys plugin. You will be guided through the installation process)
– Android. Google Chrome 28+ (enabled by default since 29), Mozilla Firefox 24+, Opera Mobile 12+
– Chrome OS.
– Firefox OS.
– at least iOS 11. MobileSafari/Mac Safari. For legacy Safari (older than v.11) you will be prompted to install Temasys plugin.
– HTTPS (SSL certificate) and root access needed (usually shared hosting do not offer this service, so you need VPS or dedicated server);
– For server side scripts: at least Node 10.x;
– You need port 9001 to be opened. You can change the port from your configuration file;
– Set own TURN server (recommended) or use third party STUN/TURN servers;
– No DB needed unless you want to enable chat history, user login or URL shortener;
– Set an online/offline contact button on your site and track and contact your visitors;
– Set a private room and share it with your contacts in order to establish a direct video call with screen sharing, file transfer, whiteboard collaborative tool and recording;
– Switch between front and back camera of your mobile to make an outstanding demo for your customers;
– Use only chat for support and fun;
Check here available scenarios of usage and how to set them on your environment.
– Educational, online lessons, tutorials, video streaming
– Health-care consultations
– Support, online sales, video consultations, real estate and car resellers
– Social media
– Real time streaming and where ever peer to peer video is needed
– different type of shows, live performances and events.
Installation Guide, FAQ and Demos
Meeting Scheduling Demo (health-care consultation)
Broadcasting Demo (online lessons, live streaming)
Demo with Enabled Recording
Private Access Demo
Social Login Demo
Live Iframe Demo
Speech Recognition Demo
Chat Engagement Demo
Stream Pre-Recorded Video
You can check the demo of the dashboard panel with demo/demo and relevant client page work.
v220.127.116.11 – Feb 26, 2022 – WoWonder v.4.1 integration; – Wondertag theme v.2.3.8 integration;v2.0.36 – Feb 15, 2022 – WoWonder v.4.0 integration; – Wondertag theme v.18.104.22.168 integration;v2.0.35 – Feb 3, 2022 – DocTreat v.1.5.2 and PlayTube 2.1.4 integrations; – Fixes in recording facility; – Other minor fixes; – New product <a href=”https://codecanyon.net/item/livesmart-server-video/35953412″ target=”_blank”>LiveSmart Server Video</a> released!v2.0.34 – Nov 22, 2021 – Virtual background, where you can blur your background or add your own; – Active meetings. The administrator organizers can track if there are any active meetings running and they also can join them; – Feature requests: API secured with Authorization token, option for scheduled meetings to end for organizer too; – DocTreat v.1.4.8 and LatePoint 4.3.8 integrations;v2.0.33 – Oct 11, 2021 – Text to speech module. Chat and translated messages are converted to voice messages; – Feature request – password recovery facility; – DocTreat v.1.4.8 integration;v2.0.32 – Sep 6, 2021 – Updated server to work with latest socket.io; – LatePoint v.4.3.3 integration; – DocTreat v.1.4.6 integration; – Bug fixes;v2.0.31 – Aug 21, 2021 – Feature request – regular organizers can now edit and apply configuration changes to their tenant – WoWonder v.3.2.2 integration; – PlayTube v.2.1 integration; – Wondertag theme v.2.3.6 integration;v2.0.30 – July 7, 2021 – LiveSmart Google Chrome Assistant released; – WoWonder v.3.2.1 integration; – Wondertag theme v.2.3.4 integration; – Bug fixes;v2.0.29 – June 22, 2021 – WoWonder v.3.2 integration; – Wondertag theme v.2.3.3 integration; – Feature requests – added Terms & Conditions checkbox to the entry form; – Bug fixes and UI adjustments;v2.0.28 – June 2, 2021 – Integration with DocTreat 1.3.8; – Video events logging; – Feature requests – timer shown on the page on scheduled meetings;v2.0.27 – May 6, 2021 – WoWonder v.3.1.3 integration; – PlayTube v.2.0.3 integration; – Script updates; – Landing page; – Minor bug fixes;v2.0.26 – April 4, 2021 – WoWonder v.3.1.2 integration; – Wondertag theme v.2.2.1 integration; – Minor bug fixes;v2.0.25 – March 14, 2021 – WoWonder Wondertag theme integration; – PlayTube platform integration;v2.0.24 – March 1, 2021 – Picture-in-picture feature; – Social media login with Facebook and Google; – Whiteboard and other fixes;v2.0.23 – Jan 11, 2021 – LatePoint integrations – v.4.1.1; – iPhone video fixes; – Added date format as an option; – Recording and other fixes;v2.0.22 – Nov 30, 2020 – Installation script and page; – Admission facility; – Mute attendee videos; – Added better error handling for media errors;v2.0.21 – Nov 10, 2020 – Added possibility to change recording resolutions; – Fixes on presence;v2.0.20 – Oct 22, 2020 – Integration with LatePoint plugin; – Possibility to download Whiteboard drawings;v2.0.19 – Oct 6, 2020 – Fix for iOS v.14; – Video session optimization; – Bug fixes;v2.0.18 – Aug 31, 2020 – Integration with WoWonder chat platform; – Fixes in whiteboard; – Fixes in dashboard;v2.0.17 – July 20, 2020 – Auto update facility. From now on, there are no more manual steps;v2.0.16 – July 20, 2020 – Feature requests – custom file naming of recorded files, organizer/visitor URLs are now available in the video pane; – Activation facility; – New support forum;v2.0.15 – July 6, 2020 – Feature requests – added custom exit meeting options, auto end of meeting on scheduled meetings, mirrored local feed; – Updates on presence; – Minor bugs fixing;v2.0.14 – June 24, 2020 – Localization of /dash panel; – New API PHP scripts; – Feature requests – possibility to block certain rooms, to use rooms only from room list, all the scripts are in the release and not loaded from outside; – Minor bugs fixing;v2.0.13 – June 15, 2020 – Possibility to encrypt STUN/TURN credentials; – Fixes on Grid view, scheduled meeting and whiteboard;v2.0.12 – May 31, 2020 – Added grid view of the videos; – Click to enlarge function is added to attendee videos; – Added mute all button;v2.0.11 – May 23, 2020 – Possibility to broadcast pre-recorded video; – Attendees in broadcast can be seen by everybody (this is a configuration option); – Added Localization section in the dashboard; – Improved notifications in the dashboard;v2.0.10 – May 10, 2020 – New Configuration section in dashboard; – Fixes in Whiteboard pane;v2.0.9 – Apr 29, 2020 – Possibility to convert your recorded video/audio files from WEBM to MP4; – New Recordings tab in the dashboard panel; – New small features – possibility to add visitor name in the contact button and define default starting camera for mobiles;v2.0.8 – Apr 16, 2020- New organizer panel with better UI;- Broadcasting available with video from attendee;- Optimization work;- UI changes;v2.0.7 – Apr 10, 2020- Fixes for Edge browser;- Fixes in admin panel;- Small UI changes;v2.0.6 – Mar 21, 2020- pro-active chat is kept in history;- fixes and cleanup of broadcasting;v2.0.5 – Mar 21, 2020- pro-active engagement chat;- attendees can join without camera and/or microphone;v2.0.4 – Mar 8, 2020- translation module;- snapshot capturing;- bug fixes;v2.0.2 – v.2.0.3 – Feb 26, 2020- added speech recognition module;- bug fixes;v2.0.1 – Feb 9, 2020- added a new UI with zoom like features;- new enhanced signaling server with better video conferencing;- better reconnect logic;- file transfer to multiple users;- bug fixes;- old UI is kept, with the updated server;v1.0.23 – Oct 2, 2019- Possibility to auto accept call;- Room generation with disabled video/audio/whiteboard, screenshare or file transfer;- Multi conference fixes;v1.0.22 – Sept 16, 2019- Broadcasting improvements;- Recording of all the streams – video/audio/screen share/whiteboard and chat;- Feedback form;- Audio and video quality;- Bug fixes;v1.0.21 – July 7, 2019- Pre-call form where video/audio devices can be adjusted;- Private messaging;- Bug fixes;v1.0.18 – v1.0.19 – June 23, 2019- Fixed a timezone issue in scheduling;- Visitor list in a room (this will be used for future private messaging);- Error checking in the signaling server;v1.0.17 – June 1, 2019- Admin panel for organizers;- WordPress Dashboard;- Better presence in the signaling;v1.0.16 – May 19, 2019- Chat history;- Chat enabled view in video, whiteboard and broadcasting;- Improved video conferencing;- Improved screen sharing;- UI fixes;v1.0.14 – v1.0.15 – May 1, 2019- UI changes;- Presence fixes;v1.0.13 – Apr 13, 2019- Screenshare and record in the broadcast session;- Offline contact form or redirect page;v1.0.11 – v.1.0.12 – Mar 20, 2019- Broadcast to many feature;- URL shortener;v1.0.10 – Mar 04, 2019- Scheduling feature;- Multiple organizers presence;v1.0.7 – v.1.0.9 – Feb 24, 2019- Whiteboard feature released;- Recordings can be saved on backend;- Fix on audio-only calls;v1.0.5 – v.1.0.6 – Feb 11, 2019- Pluginless Screen Sharing for Chrome 72+;- Private access with PHP and MySQL scripting;- Minor bug fixings;- UI changes;v1.0.4 – Feb 06, 2019- Recording;- Private access;- Minor bug fixings;- UI changes;v1.0.3 – Jan 29, 2019- Multi user conference;- Configurable entry form;- Minor bug fixings;v1.0.2 – Jan 18, 2019- UI changes;- Minor fix on PHP signalling sevrer;v1.0.1 – Jan 15, 2019- Added WordPress plugin;- Added the possibility the video window to be opened in an iframe or in a new tab;- Minor fixes with the styling and the scripts;v1.0.0 – Jan 12, 2019- LiveSmart initial commit;